CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, October 09, 2006

Fun but Project Producing Weekend

Friday - The inlaws called and they were coming in LATE, excellent. That means we get to meet the Skids at the grand opening of The Pink Door! Killer joint!! I have seen the light - that comes from a 20' screen! Way to go Werles!! Once we have a 'Cretin gathering and SkateVid screening, it WILL be the OFFICIAL Bar of the Concretins! Ya can't go wrong with a bar that has a drink called the "Godzilla Fart." This will be the venue for the new vid premier party. (mid-November??) Crap, guess I need to get on that project. Oh, upon the half inebriated return home, there was message saying the inlaws weren't coming in tonight at all!! Party on Garth! And the house was surprisingly presentable, all basement crap considered. (and it remains presentable even)

So Saturday morning I hit the park, alone. Buncha loser 'cretins. Brett at least showed up as I was leavin'. A pretty good session. I haven't really hit it hard in a few weeks, so I was surprised at my comfort level with 50-50s in the six and pivots galore - standard shtuff. Got home with the inlaws only a half hour out... and ready to go to a really cool wedding in Cherokee Park (Alice's cousin Leigh). They did not have a videographer, so I offered my services at the VERY last possible minute (shoulda called earlier in the week), the bride was coming up the side walk as I was unpacking the cam. The photographers were very cool and let me go anywhere I wanted to get a shot. I got some great footage of the ceremony and reception, with lots of great stills, but without external mics, I'm sure the audio is crap. But I should be able to complie a nice keepsake video with some music overlay. Just what I needed, another video project. I didn't promise a quick turnaround, but perhaps a nice Christmas present. I'm excited to see what I can produce for something slightly more important than skateboarding vids.*GASP* Sacrilege!!

Saturday afternoon I discovered my first impression of Segways, (you know the technogeek scooter) is still that, it's a geek mobile. BUT, I totally understand why people ignore the goofy factor and get one... they are a BLAST to ride! (Alice's bro-in-law has one.) Yes, I know, you(I) look ridiculous riding it, but it's really fun. It is possible that a Segway will reside here someday, but it definitely will require a flame paint job or perhaps some diamond plate to laughably outweigh the geek factor with the fun factor. Maybe a slime green 'cretin paint scheme... But do I really need another project? (check this! http://www.segwayjunkyard.com/customs.htm)

I apparently married into the dork side of this family(the Segway probably gave it away huh?) - 'cause we got ditched Sat. night (parental-in-laws, us, and sis&bro-in-law) by the rest of the family. But, arriving at an Aunt's house around 10:00 - unnannounced (though we thought we were expected), we put together a fun and LONG game of "Mexican Train" (shuddup Dave, it's Dominoe's you jackass). We finally made it home at 4am. A fun day with the Larson clan. I think I did good with the marryin'. They didn't lose a daughter, they gained a dork.

Sunday was a lazy start with breakfast and discussin' home improvements. Everyone wants to spend our money differently. But we've put together a plan combining everyone's ideas and it's gonna be much cooler than when we first moved in. Getting different opinions really helped stoke the creativity, so we hit Lowe's for a strictly shoppin' trip. We bought a book and that's it. We actually spent about 90 minutes looking at everything and getting even more ideas. Great, more projects.

I know it's gonna feel great to have the basement redone. And it's been a "someday" project for a REALLY long time. You call it procrastination. I call it delayed gratification. Finally, we are on the "fun" side of the clean up process. The basement is a clean slate awaiting our vision and sweat equity. We have decided to finish the roughed in bathroom - so we'll have one to use when we redo the main bath upstairs. Just what I needed, another friggin' project.

When Dave grows up, I hope he discovers the secret to finishing projects, and helps a brother out.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger NoShow said…

    I can't wait to try a Godzilla Fart. They need to have a companion shot called the Godzookie Smoke Ring. Maybe the Rodan Rocket? Megalon Mash? Ghidra Gas? Okay, I'll stop...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home