CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Friday, August 25, 2006

Reality Check

I talk about those great sessions all the time, ya show up, ya rip! Well, today was not one of those days. The skate gods are always watchin' and if ya rip more than your talent level, as I feel I have all summer, they WILL bring you back to reality. I am concrete magnet. First run, full speed ahead, and POW, right in the shallows. No reason. Just POW. I could not stay off the ground tonight. FINALLY after the 4th really good slam, I decided I better pack it up. Being a Friday, all the local rippers began showing up and I really wished I had the cam. Kyle (did you know he owns pants?), Jon, and Dave were all doin' fine. So rather than continue to subject them to my pissy whiny mood and lack of skating, I bolted. I'm sure they'll have more fun at the Shellac show tonight than I will layin' here in pain. It's times like these that I wish I wasn't herb free.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    Yep. Yooz wuz one Shit=Eatin' Concretin! May the Gnar Be with You when you show up for Morning Wood sessions this week-end!

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, let me try to match good sessions with you. On this very night I went down to Concrete Wave Country in Nash cause I wanted to skate but also cause a bud pressured me into it. He wanted to try out his new camera. So I drove the long drive and when I got there the bud wasn't even there but I skated anyway and you know how it is, I got into it, you can't help it at CWC with the General Jackson combi and the big flowbowl - there are lines everywhere. I was skating around the street course and came over by the pool and there were a few guys standing there. One of my friends said, "Hosoi is here." I went over close and there he was, Hosoi, wearing a dude of a hat, white shirt and black pants. What's more, standing beside him was Lance Mountain, in khakis. Ohmygosh I felt like a teenager. Lance Mountain! A line from "Future Primitive" went through my head: Lance Mountain's dad, Mr. Mountain, saying "They love to skate Lance's ramp." There was Lance Mountain, at CWC. He and Christian and Jay Alabamy and the Paducah KY crew (including the Mission Skateshop owner, sorry I forget his name; cool guy though, a ripper) skated around the park trying everything out and soon Lance was doing frontside and backside inverts in the deep end of the General, sick corner airs (see the the SkateTN.com main page), etc. The guy from Mission Skateshop was ripping as well, landing an invert in the deep and some gnasty smith grinds. All locals were very stoked, everyone was on, Lance signed my Team Geritol T-shirt, and my bud (Eric of SkateTN.com) showed up and had something to take pictures of, after all ...

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    You are one lucky Old bastard!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home