CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Go Skateboarding Day, or OMA BBQ of DaVille



FINALLY... Again I say, "Bite me." Nothing here written with the skills of our favorite wordsmith, Skidzilla. Not even a full on recap... but you get the jist... we had fun. And there are lots o' pics and even a video...

Friday, June 20, Ramp Session: The weather was a bit dodgy all day. Downpours of rain, then nothing. Then another downpour. It sucked. But about 5:00, Phil determines that he CAN get the ramp dry, and if it doesn't rain, it'll stay that way... Session is ON! OMP rolled in from Lex and finished up the drying process. Frogwing rolls in from IOWA (!) and eventually Ward and I show up along with Jr. So, with Frog here, it was an official OMA event, even though when this idea was originally hatched, we(I) had hoped for about 10 to 20 out of towners... Oh well. Cretins were skating and that equals a good time... We revealed the new Cretin banner which is simply BAD ASS! Thanks Ward for the hookup! What a fun session. The sun wasn't blinding because of the cloud cover, and it wasn't roasting, but it was steamy and humid. So much so, that the session eventually closed down because the sweat smears from bails ceased to dry up, making the ramp more and more treacherous after each run. Grinds, rock-n-rolls, bs airs, laybacks, sweepers, slider fakies, 360 cess slides, and funky acid drops were all thrown. Oh and a Miller Flip for good measure.
- OldManPaul doin' his thang.

- Ward stretches out to relax.

- Frogwing's "pop out running and jump back in" gnarly trick...

- FW rockin' and rollin'.

- Junior has a grind.

- My only trick. The rock-n-roll. But they are on lock.

- OMP's backside.

- OMP's frontside.

- and backside again.

- I can't even stand like this. Crail sweeper by Phil.

- Ward rockin' frontside.

- Ward has sweepers on lock.

- Chris Miller would be proud.


Saturday, Go Skateboarding Day: The park downtown was jumpin'. Crazy groms everywhere, but yet all seemed surprisingly well versed in park etiquette. We got "the" question, but that's easy when you have a banner and 5 guys in the same logo t-shirt. Adam (a local OMA member) made it to the park for Saturday, as did long lost Cretin Steve-O, and he was our grill master. Gimpy trekked down from Dayton braving ridiculous traffic. NoShow was a noshow, but he got a free pass this time, for being in the hospital for 6 days with a bleeding ulcer. Crazy shit. (literally) We skated. Drank a beer, and skated some more. Sat down, had a cig, and then skated some more. And when we were done, we skated again.
- We went to visit NoShow on Thursday.

- Junior chillin' with the 'Zillas.

- Huh? I don't know. Good question. (Perhaps he has fleas.)

- Why aren't you skating?

- Grill Master Steve-O fed Adam, and the lot of us.

- OMP doesn't give a chit about gravity.

- And just to piss you off. My video. My choice of tunes. Suck it.


So, not exactly a successful OMA sanctioned event, but a 100% kickass Concretin event. Where were you? If you weren't skating... you were doin' it wrong.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    Excellent Job! I'm even more jealous that I missed 'Philthy Phil's Phriday Nite Ramp Phry' now that I see the pics.

    The Banner is awesome!

    The footage and editing on the vid is great t proves we had a damn good time! Mofo you were missed!

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    NoShow - you were missed, too. Just so you know.

    Tony you are a punk.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Gosh said…

    Awesome job Nik as a camera man, but also to congratulate all of you for the great session that you had. What a video and awesome tricks.

    I bet the burgers were great. I would be there next time.

    It sucks that I missed it because I was in Lexington. Well at least I saw a couple of pros.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Tone the Bone said…

    I admit I missed a killer weekend of skating. I will own up to the punk ass bitch title no excuses. My loss of sure, maybe I should borrow Eric`s name for a bit NoShowTheBone.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Oh man, that looks like a great time! I wish I could have convinced my nurse (Mrs. NoShow) to have wheeled my @ss down there :|

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Awesome video!! Gay ass song . . . :p

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good shit i know i didnt make it to either on time but atleast i got to spend gsd with THE crew was a good time for sure
    Dane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home