CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm still a Dumb Ass (UPDATED! Already!)

Cretin Army! I need(ed) your help. Because I'm a fkn dumb ass! 

After our session on Sunday, I changed clothes at my car, and drove off without my board (it was on the side of the car). This was just about 1:00. I returned 2 hours later and of course, it wasn't where I left it.

Most off you have seen it. It's a VERY unique board for 2011. It's a vintage Tony Hawk Powell Peralta "Medallion" deck. Yes, that ugly wide ass thing with a funky spoon nose shape and whale tail. It is signed under the front right wheel (looking at the bottom), "Thanks Nick, Tony Hawk." The grip is also distinctive with a Concretins sticker and a bright green strip of grip from nose to tail.



It isn't worth anything to anyone but me or on ebay, because it's signed to me, AND it's really beat to hell and razor tailed. The graphic and signature between the trucks is now gone as well. I hold no animosity to anyone who may have picked it up. In fact, I suspect someone picked it up to "save it." You'd pick up a deck you saw laying on the side of the road, hopefully with ambitions of returning it? Right?

Guess what? They DID! Guy called Home Skate Shop and left his number, he has my board. Thom told me to call the shop tomorrow for it. A mere 4 hours after I sent out the call for help. I thought(hoped) this might happen, just didn't think it'd happen so fast.

THE LOUISVILLE SKATE SCENE ABSOFKNPOSIFKNLUTELY ROCKS! THANK YOU JAMES!

Thanks for helpin' out a dumb ass. What a great ending to an almost bad day. (TheBoy and I hung out on thePlaydeck after I got home. That put life right back into perspective.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home