CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Friday, September 04, 2009

Check, Double Check

Question: How old should a boy be before he is allowed to have a pocket knife?

Answer: (In Gibzilla's case) More than Nine.

Furthering my adventures as Uber-Dad, I found myself at the Pediatric Prompt Care with The Boy yesterday. Gibzilla managed to fillet open his right index finger while whittling away at an eraser during quiet time in his room. Needless to say quiet time ended promptly and became scream-time. That's about when I got the call to come home instead of going to the grocery that, as Uber-Husband, I so generously offered to do. Since I gave him the knife (and three others that we apparently agreed he shouldn't have yet), it was my duty to get him to the doctor to get it checked out. He was a brave, tough dude and got 4 stitches on the spot.

So, Gib got to a couple more punches in his card. Keep chuggin Gib! You'll get there, buddy.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    YIKES!!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Nice! Way to go Gibby!!!

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger travio said…

    I'll be sure not to show this one to Lori...that is if Oliver ever hopes to have a pocket knife.

    Way to hang in their Kidzilla!

    Travio

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Which one hurt more? The finger-fillet or the downhill-head-bounce?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home