CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Don't visit the Doctor!

For those under the age of 44.
Don't go visit the Doctor!!

My wife decided that I had reached the age where a "routine" physical would be a "great idea". Like a good husband, I reluctantly went along.
DON'T DO IT!! IT'S A TRAP!!
They took blood samples, made me pee in a cup..all the usual fun.
Doc said "everything looks great! ...Except your blood sugar is way high."
Doc said "Let's get another check. ...Yep, It's way high"
Then she drops the "D" word. I almost fell off the exam table!
DIABETES!
No way...I feel fine!
Yep, it's confirmed. OMP now has to prick the finger a few times a day.
Has to be on meds. Has to count the Carbs.

On the way out I said: Doc, I wasn't sick until I came to see you!
She laughed...but so did I :-)

6 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    No way! Dude! Callin' you a lil' prick is rather appropriate now though. :) How bizarre.

     
  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger Kvon said…

    Wow, that sucks... sorry to hear that.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Oh man! That sucks but it could be a lot worse. Still sorry to hear it.

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Chris Eggers said…

    Oh well. I will take your advice. I linked your blog to mine if thats ok for you.
    Chris

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Thanks Chris! Concretins go international! Rock on!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger OMP said…

    Thanks Chris!

    Wow, That 36' full pipe on your blog is begging me to visit.

    Long way from Redneck U.S. though!

    Nice blog...you guys rock!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home