CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Ramp Gnar!

I think perhaps a new day has dawned. A time that allows me two sessions a week with less guilt, and less money spent. While I certainly mean no offense to Mofo and the awesome ramp that is the TajMaWall, there is a new miniramp in my neighborhood. So close, that I can ride a bike (or even a skateboard) and be there in 5-10 minutes. As opposed to the 40 minutes in a car out to the boonies of Indiana... Imagine, I can take 90 minutes out of my day, and skate 70 of them (saving 20 minutes for roundtrip travel and pad up/down). And 'tis a ramp much friendlier to my personal endocrine orb size than the 7' beauty on the east side. 4' tall plus two 5' extensions with 7.5" transitions, and 24' wide. The very dimensions I aspire to construct in my own backyard someday...

So anyway, the Cretins got the invite for a midweek session and we are most grateful! No cover charge was set, but it's rude to visit a new ramp for the first time without beer, particularly when you had absolutely nothing to do with it's construction. In fact, the ramp was but a rumor to me, an urban myth. But, I was still rude, because of the 6 beers I supplied, I drank 5 of them. And being 154 pounds soaking wet, that was about 3.5 beers too many. My skating got funnier, but not any better. But we all had a blast. Roll call included Radly(the F.R.O. or ramp owner), Skidzilla, Pollo, Jr., Scott, Dane, And late comers John, Edward and Joe. A couple new faces to me, but cool cats indeed. Ms. FRO even fed us! Veggie Lasagna and chicken... and I don't care if it was from a box, that lasagna was kickass! Quite surprising with my well known distain for veggies. Thank you Lynn!

Here's a few pics. These are the only ones worth posting, out of about 40 on my cam. As I said, I was quite inebriated (no beer next week I swear)... AND Skidzilla was in control of the camera sometimes too... so let's just blame him.
- F'n Ramp Owner and our host, Radly

- Scott and his "new" old G&S trucks

- Dane can skeet.


- Radly skeets fast.

- Chicken ain't skeered.


So where will you be next Wednesday evening? Don't call me. I've got plans.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Junior said…

    Stoked on the session. Thanks to Radley and Lynn for having us. Nikoli should drink more, he is fun to watch on and off the board.

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Phil said…

    Looks like a mellow mini. Tony says he will give me a ride next week if you guys are going back. Dane said Radley and some of those guys are going to come skate the 7' saturday. The more the better, don't know what time yet. Probably not early due to Dane's sleeping habits.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Skidzilla said…

    Radly called and said next Wed is a go. Every Wed, apparently. It is a standing invite. I plan to go myself.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger OMP said…

    Too bad it's a 80 mile one way drive or OMP would check it out.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good shit im trying to organize phils saturday around 6ish like he said also like he said the more the better be fun to have a nice evening sesh
    Dane

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Gosh said…

    Thanks to Radley and Lynn for having us and being such a good hosts. We should repeat this more often while the weather let us. Awesome session and pictures Nik.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home