CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Stoke Rekindled



What a great session. New wood, and FINALLY new skate stoke for the New Year. I think mostly I was lacking in skate stoke because of weather. Today was warm, AND we had a full contingent of 'Cretins and friends at the park. It was a "private" session as only old folks were present for about 2 hours. The rain came as I was leaving, but I heard it went away relatively quickly and the session continued 'til 3:00. The roster today included, Me, Skidzilla, Steve-O, Mofo, NoShow, ToneBone, Junior, Travio, Phil AND our long lost Lexington compadre OMP.

The morning started early for Skidz and I. I've been wanting to recreate an OMA skate graphic for quite some time, and finally all the pieces fell into place. Then the shredding began. I actually won't rehash everything this time, you just should have been there. It was great to see everyone, but even better to see everyone together. Here's a few pics from the session, starting with the "Falling Down" deck graphic. Get yourself a deck or a t-shirt with the image at OldManArmy.com.

-Falling Down in Daville


-The pipe, she is a big'n


-Skidzilla peekin' at my backside


-OMP hasn't lost an ounce o' gnar


-OMP grinds at will


-New wood pivot


-NoShow fakin' it


-Stand Up FS Carve


-Mofo makin' everyone on deck look like amateurs


-Yer gonna bite yer tongue

11 Comments:

  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Tone the Bone said…

    Fun, Fun, Fun that`s all I can say. Junior how you feelin today? Up for the session at Phils tomorrow?

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    I concur with Mr. the Bone :)

    It was an awesome session. And I hope it was the start to a rockin' year down at the extreme park.

    Junior took the splat award. I thought he would cough up a kidney after that slam. No internal bleeding last night, Junior?

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger OMP said…

    Excellent session!
    Glad I got to see you all....
    Except Jon, that is!

    We missed you Jon!

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger jer said…

    loving the falling down pic!!!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Tone the Bone said…

    What up Nik, where`s the group photo or did Dave take that shot?

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Tone the Bone said…

    What up Nik, where`s the group photo or did Dave take that shot?

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Yep, the group hug is on Skidzilla's cam... He'll post it up I'm sure...

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Did you let the folks over at OMA in on your photo shoot? I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it.

    No doubt, Gimpy, you were missed.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    But of course, that was the main reason for doing it. Hell, it's now my avatar, as well as my "Welcome" image for when someone new signs up. My lil' dedication to them for the whole kickass forum and BBQ thing.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger DeadBrinley said…

    Hell yeah! That was the best time... oh wait, I was a NOSHOW :P

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Looks like I missed out on an epic season kick-off session . . . F U C K. Looks like you all had a blast (especially Nick!). Hope to be down there the next nice weekend fo sho.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home