CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Your Sport Sucks


Ok, what the hell? How did I miss this? I had heard about Danny Way wanting to do an bomb drop into a mega quarter on David Letterman, but then he smashed up his ankle on the Great Wall launch. The idea seemed lost in oblivion. Then I see, after the fact, that he did the bomb drop in Vegas off the HardRockCafe guitar - much more appropriate me thinks. He's insane. Check www.DannyWay.com for much footage (dial-up beware). THEN just a few weeks later, I see that Bob Burnquist has joined Mr. Way in the psych ward. The Brazil greenery must be some good shtuff! *inhale* "Ok, I got it. I'll build a 40' mega ramp at the Grand Canyon." *exhale*-pause-*inhale* "We'll put a 40' rainbow rail on it, and I'll 50-50 into a 1600' base jump!" *exhale* "DUDE! That's it!" Oh come on. You can't think that up without herbal help. I mean, it's so ridiculous it rocks! (Pedestrians can watch for this on Discovery Channel's Stunt Junkies.) And in my reading about all of this, I also read that Mr.Switch has landed the "corkscrew" apparently on a specially constructed ramp. Basically doing a loop, traveling across a ramp at the same time, but with a "gap" in the "top" of the loop, of course. Check out www.BobBurnquist.com for more - Bob's finally updating his site regularly. Guess I need to see his film, The Reality of Bob Burnquist, huh? THEN I also see there was another MegaRamp comp in Mexico. Danny throws a backflip (!?) and Bob, being the contrary bastard that he is, throws a frontflip. Damn. I just don't get it. How is it that I can get so stoked on a 50-50 in a 6' snake run, when they're throwing flips, 360s, etc. over 50+ gaps, dropping in from 82' up, and grinding into freefall??? I love skating. Sorry, but your sport sucks.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Danny and Bob rule. I can't wait to see the Great Wall and Grand Canyon jumps on FUEL.TV. I didn't know about the Bob B. film, thanks. See you at SkateTN.com.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home