CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mum's Day

Waking up to gray clouds wasn't encouraging, but it wasn't raining... YET. No one had really communicated definitive plans but Sunday morning is our standing "church" session. Driving in, the rain began, but only lil' drops. Of course they got bigger the closer I got to the park, and dammit if I didn't catch every single light between home and the park! A lone figure stood in the park. Kyle. If he drove from Corydon, to skate in the rain, then I was stayin'. The rain teased me at first saying "you've got time, go ahead, pad up." But my previous experiences said no. If I pad up, my run time will be eatin' by padding up. So I donned the lid and lead elbow and took a few runs. Then Skidzilla rolled up and chased the rain away! I then donned full gear, but not before I took a good hipper. Would have been worse if not for the lead elbow pad. And the rain scared everyone else away, so we had the entire park to ourselves. No romper room rugrats, no bikers, no squatters. "Party On Garth!"

Kyle was ON! I mean, I understand on his home ramp, but damn dude, give us something to hope for. Make a straining facial expression or something! Give us hope that with effort (not pure talent) we might someday stoke the fires of a rippin' session. It was cold, so I was bitchy, much to Kyles dismay. I got bit on the finger by a junk obstacle and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Normally, he who bleeds has the most fun, but it was Kyle's day. Mother's Day, of course. That explains it. Kyle's a Mother if ever saw one. I think I saw him bail 3 times, not including the wall ride attempts out of the bank. Dave is workin' the ollies and he'll be a street rat before we're done with him! Brett rolled in to share in the empty park, but just cruised. He still rips when he's cruisin'. Kyle and I were the last of the 4 'cretins to split, and it was rough. I mean it just seemed wrong to vacate and leave the park completely empty. What a waste! Hopefully some rippers showed up soon after to take advantage of the undisturbed 'crete.

We all agreed to hit SkateNite on Wednesday - to practice for a full on "RampLastRide,Grill,Chill&Skate, Roadtrips&Sessions Day 2" event next weekend. Saturday is the plan, but perhaps rain will push us to Sunday. Oh, and Sunday night I saw a post here, since removed, by Jon... a picture of an ugly purple ankle... Dammit Jon... what the hell?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Damn. I'm glad you all got to skate Sunday. Would have been taking too much of a chance driving out there even though I REALLY wanted to. I can't wait to hang with you all and session this coming weekend at Kyle's and Louisville hopefully. Yup, that picture is now my user profile picture.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home