CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Wheel Durometer discussion

Wow! We're now a bunch of old farts on a Blogspot!

I'm in the process of putting together a new set up. This board will be
made for high speed, concrete parks & pools (when you can find them).
Hard carving, grinds & (small...wish they were bigger) airs. I've scored a set of Bones Swiss Ceramics! Even went the extra mile for a bearing press! Now it's time for some SMOKIN' wheels!

I'm thinking about a set of Rainskates 62 x 98A Yellow Jackets.
I've read they are up and coming as a force with "older, serious" set of skaters. They are touted as a great highspeed wheel that still has plenty of grip (which you usually give up for speed).

Do any of my cohorts have thoughts on this topic, or know anything about this company out of Alaska...Rainskates???

Later SK8RZ

2 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    62mm is still small to me(I'm ridin' 65s), but stay above 60 and you should be fine. Are you getting a new deck as well? Be sure to get a bearing cleaning kit too. I'm ready to test those bearings myself! I'm not really feeling the $30 bucks for BonesSwiss vs. $16 for Reds was worth it. They don't really feel faster at all. But I am loving the new OldSchool Lance deck.

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    I'll probably hold off on the new deck for a while. The One Fifty One is still in great shape.

    Reading up on the bearing cleaning kit...They recomment any "highly pure" alcohol. Don't go for the the 10% pure. Then just lube em'.

    Sounds like you should skip the kit and stop by the local drug store. You'd save money.

    You'll get a chance to ride the ceramics. But you better wear your helment!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home