CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

EPICICITY at DefCon 2

Epicicity(tm): (eh-pic-ih-cittee) pronounced similar to velocity - the amount of EPIC or EPICNESS in an item, action, or event. i.e. "There was a high level of epicicity on my skate-cation in North Carolina."

A level that I have never experienced on a skate roadtrip. That's a bold statement considering the demos/contests where I've met Tony Hawk, Bob Burnquist, Bucky Lasek, the park sessions with Chris Miller and AndyMac, and the gnarly skate-weekends I've spent in Phoenix and Chicago with the Cretins.

The gnar began in Raleigh, North Carolina: We drove through the night to arrive at Casa de Jer at 7:30am. We eventually rolled up to their new skatepark and I proceeded to throw myself into the wall on my second run. Not a good start. Gotta watch those bowled 'corners.' Uninjured, but bruised, my session continued. I met several NC Kooks, John, Mike, Jay, and Carol as well as hooked up with the rest of the traveling crew, Patti, Zach, Rusty, and Jeff(and RIMSHOT!). Gimpy rolled up eventually too and joined in the 'crete bashing.

Here are a few of my pics from that first day. This was as low as the Epicicity level would be for the entire week. And as you will see below, it was already HIGH.

Roadtrippin' THROUGH the mountains...
Tunnel

Fresh 'Crete!
Raleigh Skatepark

Raleigh Skatepark

Raleigh Skatepark

Zach can skeet.
Raleigh Skatepark

Raleigh Skatepark

You can see the "MastPics" rig in the shadow.
Raleigh Skatepark

My 13' pole is quite a site to see. Patti shot this of me and the rig in action.
Raleigh Skatepark

This is the shot I was taking.
Raleigh Skatepark

I told you he can skeet. Layback.
Raleigh Skatepark

FS Air.
Raleigh Skatepark

Rusty drawing a FS line.
Raleigh Skatepark

The Kooks come out at night.
Kooks in Raleigh

My camera captures some weird auras...
Devil Jeff

Frogwing is skeery.
Devil Jeff Avatar

The elusive PattiFly
PattiFly

The above butterfly aura is quite deceiving... this chick is f'n dangerous! Epic battle!
Photobucket

More pics are coming from the rest of the trip. I'll do a few from each 'leg' over the next few days/weeks.

Thanks Gimpy for postin' up quick with your stuff! The documentation of the trip was phenomenal. I had both a digi-cam and video cam, along with the new 'MastPics' rig. Gimpy was equally cammin'. Professional gear with remote flashes, and 'the lens' was sported by Kook Jer, while Patti and Dana were no slouches with their digi cams neither. (I shall make no apologies for not yet getting to video footage. Ever again. You melon farmers know I'm slow about it, but you're usually stoked with the results, no matter how late. You get what you pay for...) I'm focusing on photographs lately. It's still a chore to load, crop, rename, and watermark, but generally faster than editing footy.

Next up will be "The Crawdad Hole..."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home