CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm back!

Alright... so it's been a long time since I've posted anything here. The winter blahs thoroughly and quite harshly kicked my ass. I'm a wuss, I know it. If I wasn't actually sick, I was depressed and freakin' COLD! Cold isn't cool if I can't be snowboarding. There were a few bright moments, usually facilitated by TheBoy, but for the most part, Winter just SUCKS.

So... Winter was all but gone... I needed a break from work and responsibilities... The weatherman said a couple of days last week were going to be sunny and warm... So I took a couple of "mental health" days.

Let me tell ya the cure for the Winter Blahs: 2 beautiful sunny days off plus the weekend, 3 skate sessions, lunch with an old friend, a movie date, and TheBoy... will all do wonders for ones state of mind. If that doesn't do it for ya, your chemical imbalance will require a prescription.

Thank you to Gimpy for posting up a couple of vids, keeping the Cretin Blog on life support. Reading updates on 'theBook' regarding the Tuesday Night Vert Sessions at Ollie's as well as the OldKookSkating.com forum have both helped me not lose all hope of stoke. Thank you to Skidz for theBarnacle session, the beginning of the cure. Thank you to Adam for a lunch session. And thank you to Radly, for living in my neighborhood and providing a killer venue for a drunken session, which most certainly killed the last of the brain cells harboring said blahs, allowing me to completely enjoy my 4 day weekend. (Photos from the third session are below, and on 'theBook'.)

Other things that have gone on that you may or may not know about:

The 2nd annual OuterBanks trip is just around the corner. It has grown into an event that now requires 2 houses (that sleep 14+). Kooks from all over the country are converging on Duck. Epicicity levels will be off the charts no doubt. I will not be attending, but the Cretins will be represented proper by Gimpy and OMP along with the NC locals and Kooks from around the country. (And yes, I still have footage from last year that has not been edited. Ain't that a bitch?)

Kookapalooza (yep, there's unseen footage from that too) Year Two has been scheduled. October 7-11. San Jose, California. Lake Cunningham Skatepark, as well as backyard ramps and great parks throughout the region. Just google Lake Cunningham Skatepark. If the pics alone will not convince you to book a flight, then perhaps you're just a pedestrian with a stunt wood. Our wanker friends from across the pond will be joining us as well. I am not thinking about going... I'm fkn goin'. There is talk of renting a mini-mansion for lodging, but nothing is set in stone yet (except the date). But the plan this time is to bunk as close to the park as possible. Camping overnight IN the park Saturday night if you so choose... and the park has permanent lights now. We're gonna have a good time.

So the stoke has always been there. It always will be. Because it's skateboarding and you're a skater. You can be distracted from it, you can attempt to ignore it. But you can't stop it.

I'm glad to be back. Did you miss me? That's what I figured. Bite me punk. Now let's go skate.

Junior - Gettin' his Frontside on... lock.

Brett - Fakie BS Pivot Fakie - because he can.

Philly John - Surfin' FS

F.R.O. Radly - Blunt Pivot

Me - Fakie Disaster

Skidzilla - Killin' it FS - This was my favorite photo of the session.

Davied goin' FS


Then the session got really geigh...
Brokeback Skaters Davied (doin' a fs rock) and his buddy...

Professor (doin' a smith stall here)...

...decided they wanted to get it on together...
Like Ballerinas pivoting side by side

Synchronized Sweepers

Butt to Butt Rocks

1 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger OMP said…

    Excellent post!
    Missed ya dude!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home