CRETIN: /kret'in/, /kree'tn/, n.
Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right

CONCRETIN: /kahn'kret'in/, /kahn'kree'tn/, n.
Cretin who loves to skate concrete

Friday, May 26, 2006

Time Off for Bad Behavior


It appears that the best treatment for rolling an ankle does not include running a 10 mile race, running a mini-marathon, riding a flowmaster, and skating relentlessly. I figured eventually it would callus up and I could go on my merry way. However, it has been a persistant nuisance and begging me to chill since I re-injured the Wednesday before the All Concretins Pillage Kyle's Ramp Session. I promised my ankle that if it would get me through said pillaging, I would give it a two week rest.

Yes, these are the best two weeks of the year, weather-wise. Yes, these two weeks contain a long weekend and offer additional skate opportunities. But, now that I have reached a certain level of maturity (a reference only to my bodily age - as I now injure more easily), I cannot ignore such promises. Anyways the hope is I can take two weeks off and get back on it hard instead of skating like a pansy for the rest of the summer (yes, I recognize the 'skating like a pansy' comment is an open invitation for ridicule - but, hey, like they say, 'Crete and Cope may break my bones, but words will never hurt me - unless those words are made out of 'crete and cope, I suppose). Sorry to miss it, but I will back strong in minimal time.

When I grow up I want to skate injury free.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger gimpinainteasy said…

    Smart move.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Nikoli said…

    Yea, good idea. But I like to think of the injury as your karma balancing out for the "shorts incident." Punk.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger OMP said…

    Sorry you have to be out of commision Skidster.

    Two weeks isn't really that long.
    Then again, since you'll be thinking about skating each and every minute, it will seem like an eternity!

    Good luck my friend.

    Get Nick to bring you over a copy of Concrete Wave Magazine, if you don't already have a subscription.
    That's helps to keep me going since I don't get to skate as often as you guys.

    Oh yeah, now's a great time to ask the wife for a massage!

    Later

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home